The UAV technician will assist the development team to build and test the company’s state-of-the-art autonomous drones.
The ideal candidate will have an Associate’s degree in electronics with at least 3-years’ experience as an electronics technician and possess strong mechanical skills and electronics knowledge with the ability to prioritize tasks, solve problems, and learn and apply new skills quickly.
What you’ll be doing
- Outdoor flight testing of UAVs.
- Assist lead engineer in designing and testing custom UAVs using rapid prototyping and custom-designed machined parts/components.
- Configure and install all drone components and payloads.
- Provide detailed documentation of custom UAV components and flight test data.
- Occasional travel for field testing, deployments, and project meetings may be required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in piloting and tuning multirotor drones / RC planes / RC helicopters to fly as intended. FAA Part 107 license a bonus.
- Experience in UAV design and construction, including UAV frame, landing gear, wings, adapters, motor mounts, incorporating the necessary power systems and electronics, flight controllers and associated components such as receivers, transmitters, transceivers, telemetry modules, and other accessories.
- Understanding of basic flight physics.
- Knowledge and experience in electronics and soldering, as well as strong mechanical skills and the ability to build and repair UAVs.
- Ability to set up software.
- Ability to compose detailed documentation.
- Experience with CAM / 3D printing / CNC Machining.