Branch Networks is seeking a full-time network engineer to assist with network design, installation, configuration, documentation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of our expanding Internet business. You’ll be responsible for setting up a wide variety of computer network equipment including PCs, hubs, switches, routers, wireless systems, IP security cameras, and much more.
Our business is co-located within the TechFarms technology incubator at Panama City Beach, FL.
Candidates should have excellent problem-solving abilities and a solid understanding computers and network basics. The top candidate will be highly motivated and interested in learning new skills, a strong team player, and able to effectively collaborate with other team members. Compensation is negotiable and depends upon the level of experience. This is an excellent opportunity offering paid holidays, paid vacation, flexible schedule, and the potential for company equity.
What you’ll be doing
- Designing networks, installing hardware/ software, documentation, and troubleshooting.
- Learning and documenting new and existing Network processes.
- Identifying and eliminating bottlenecks to ensure a long-term Network efficiency
- Troubleshooting equipment for data communications networks including computer hardware, software, and data communications equipment.
- Ensuring the networks are robust and secure.
- Providing technical support to co-workers.
- Collaborating with other members of the IT team and management
- Performing necessary upgrades to the network infrastructure as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
- Associate’s degree or above in computer science information systems or related areas preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current products and services available and applicable to LAN/WAN and data communications systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computing systems, electronics, and software development required to design, manage, and trouble-shoot high-performance client-server network applications.
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving abilities and a strong desire to learn new skills.
- Superior knowledge of various networking technologies and Wi-Fi.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Aptitude for customer support.
- Previous related job experience is strongly desired.